Activity, physical health, mental health and wellbeing are all linked, and we are inviting you to move for mental health this May.
Network’s neighbouring pool in Filton is partnering with us to host our Move for Mental Health swim on Thursday 21st May.
Regular exercise can reduce stress and anxiety, help prevent mental health problems and improve life for people experiencing difficulties. So if you need a goal to motivate you through the early months of 2020, get moving and get sponsored.
Choose your own challenge
- Has it been years since you’ve been swimming? How about aiming to swim a kilometer(40 lengths).
- Do you swim often but love a goal? Maybe aim to swim one hundred lengths!
- Or get creative—swim a different stroke, use only one arm, learn to do tumble turns, swim as many lengths as you can in half an hour. Whatever inspires you.
We will support you through your preparations and fundraising as well as on the day with:
- Help setting up your Virgin Money Giving page
- A fundraising poster template
- Paper sponsorship forms
- Fundraising tips
- Client stories to support your fundraising
- A length counter on the day
- Post swim breakfast pastries for early birds or homemade energy balls for lunchtime swimmers.
Not a swimmer?
If swimming isn’t your thing simply set yourself a goal doing something you love to get you moving. Maybe aim for the ever popular Bristol 10k on May 3rd, or get friends together for a team walk?
For more information on joining our sponsored swimmers and movers contact Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you love to cycle, climb, walk, run or rumba get started by setting up your fundraising page.
We are so grateful to the many people who help Network. In the last 30+ years our volunteers and supporters have helped us provide counselling to over 10,000 people.