“Working with People on the Spectrum” : Autism Awareness & Strategies
This is an introductory workshop to working with clients with Autism Spectrum Conditions including signs, symptoms and strategies.
Aims of the Session:
- To gain a basic understanding of Autism: signs and diagnosis
- To understand how Autism traits may present themselves within the client-therapist relationship
- To offer strategies and tools for working with clients
Common questions the workshop aims to address:
- What is Autism?
- What do I do if I think my client is on the spectrum but hasn’t had a diagnosis?
- How do I form a therapeutic relationship with a client who connects with people in a different way?
Leading this session will be Corrina and Nick Wood, who themselves have 3 children with Autism Spectrum Conditions. Corrina has experience of managing support services for families for over 15 years. She has a Joint Honours Degree in Psychology and Human Geography and is currently completing her Masters in Autism. Nick currently manages an in-house counselling service for a large Local Authority; he is an accredited MBACP Counsellor with over 12 years’ experience and was one of the first counsellors to be on the National Autistic Society’s list of recommended therapists.
Download a flyer: Autism Awareness – A5 Flyer
Download a booking form: Autism Awareness – Booking form