What does Network Training offer?
Network Training is an independent counselling training organisation which offers a broad range of well-established part time courses for those who wish to develop their listening and counselling skills. As an organisational member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, Network works and trains within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- an introductory course in basic listening and counselling skills
- an introductory course to person centred counselling
- substantial Certificate and Diploma level courses in integrative person-centred counselling. The Certificate is quality checked by the National Counselling Society and the Diploma is a British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited course.
- a continuing professional development programme of short courses and workshops for qualified counsellors on a range of specialist topics.
- we are also experienced at provide courses in listening skills tailored to your particular organisation and these can be based where you are.
Who are our courses for?
Our courses will be of interest not only to those wishing to train as professional counsellors, but also to those wishing to develop their listening or counselling skills for use in other roles and settings such as nursing, teaching, management or pastoral care. Our particular interest as a training organization lies in the integration of faith, spirituality and counselling practice. In addition to covering the same ground covered by comparable humanistic courses, our courses will also give you the opportunity to deepen your understanding of human spirituality and to develop the ability to work as a counsellor with the spiritual dimension of people’s experience.
Our training programme
Completion of our three year training programme more than meets the training requirements for counsellor accreditation with either the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), the National Counselling Society (NCS) or the Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC), offering as it does over 200 hours of staff-student contact time at Certificate level and around 500 hours at Diploma level. All of our courses are held in our training premises at Elm Park, Filton, North Bristol.