At times in our lives we all encounter difficult or painful experiences which we need to talk through with someone else. Family and friends can often be very supportive but there are times when they are unable to offer the particular kind of help needed.
- A safe and confidential space in which to feel listened to, accepted and understood
- A space in which to explore thoughts and feelings around the difficulties faced
- A space in which to seek a way forward
- Over 35 years’ experience of providing counselling in Bristol
- A confidential service for individuals aged 18+
- A service that is open to all irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or religion
- Up to 24 sessions of 50 minutes each with one of our counsellors
- A low-cost service – our sessions are £25 each, around half the cost of most private therapy
- An initial assessment where you and our duty counsellor can talk about whether our service is right for you (there is a charge of £25 for this assessment)
- Our counselling is provided by experienced trainee counsellors as part of their Advanced Diploma. We take great care to match counsellors appropriately based on clinical need.
- As an organisational member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) we are bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy and subject to its Professional Conduct Procedure for the time being in force
- All counsellors are supervised in accordance with BACP guidelines
“When I began coming to Network I was feeling utterly desperate, desolate and despairing… nine months later I was a transformed person.”