Network has been training counsellors in Bristol for over 30 years. We are proud of the quality and professionalism of our courses. These range from short introductory courses to Advanced Certificate and Advanced Diploma programmes to CPD (Continuing Professional Development) and bespoke courses for employers, agencies and the voluntary sector.
We base our teaching on the belief that all individuals are a complex unity of body, mind, soul and spirit. In recognising the spiritual aspect as universal, we offer a dimension to our courses that we believe is unique in counselling training.
Why train with Network?
- Our Advanced Diploma in Counselling Skills is a British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited course.
- Our Advanced Certificate counselling course is quality checked by the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society.
- Diploma students can take up a placement within our in-house counselling agency – so you can build up your experience as you train. This may include subsidised supervision.
- We offer an excellent staff-student ratio which, particularly in relation to our Advanced Certificate and Diploma level courses, is significantly higher than many other comparable courses. Our standard intake is 18 students, with a minimum of 2 tutors.
- Ours is the only Bristol-based counselling training to include human spirituality in the curriculum.
- There is equal emphasis on counselling theory, practical counselling skills and personal development work, at both Certificate and Diploma level.
What does an External Examiner think?
“I warmly commend Network’s counselling courses to students. Over the years I have been the external examiner, I have found an open response to developing the courses at Network. The staff work well with feedback and hold the students central to the learning process. While holding excellent standards of academic and practice in counselling, the tutors also focus well on individual students’ growth in their personal and professional development. This is all done in an open and safe environment that enables students to challenge and be challenged.“
Karl Gregory SR., Network external examiner, RMN, Dip. Counselling, MSc Counselling Research, Dip. Psychotherapy Supervision FNCS.