|12 weeks, one evening a week, 6.30-9.00pm (no half-term break)
|Summer term 2024, dates to be decided
|Network Counselling and Training, Elm Park, Filton, BS34 7PS
|£295 (with the option to pay in three instalments)
About the course
Following on from Network’s popular introductory courses, this exciting course builds on some of the self-awareness that students began to explore in Being There and A Way of Being. Its aim is to develop increased levels of awareness, understanding and acceptance of self.
“…the goal the individual most wishes to achieve, the end which he knowingly and unknowingly pursues, is to become himself.” (Carl Rogers). The journey towards knowing ourselves is on-going. It is a process of becoming; a journey towards greater self-awareness, self-understanding and self-acceptance. Following on from Network’s other popular introductory courses, this exciting course builds on some of the self-awareness that students began to explore in Being There and A Way of Being (although attendance on a previous Network course is not a prerequisite). Its aim is to develop increased levels of awareness, understanding and acceptance of self.
It is suitable for
- Those who have completed ‘A way of being’ and wish to continue with the self-awareness journey they started on the course. (NB: Attendance on a previous Network course is not a requirement.)
- Those who are considering becoming a counsellor and want to find out more about the personal development aspect of counselling training.
- Anyone who is interested in getting to know themselves better, or who may be tired of being who others expect or want them to be and are seeking to live more authentically as themselves.
Students will be invited to consider such questions as
- Who am I?
- How do I relate to others?
- How can I practice self-compassion?
- “Perhaps the journey is not so much about becoming anything. Maybe it’s about unbecoming everything that isn’t really you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.” (Summersaldana.com)
What form will the sessions take?
This is a 12-week training course that takes place once a week during the summer term.
Each session will last 2½ hours – from 6.30pm to 9.00pm, with a short coffee break halfway through.
The learning will be largely experiential and interactive: involving both individual and small group work.
What additional work will I be asked to do?
You are asked to keep a personal learning journal throughout the course to encourage you to reflect on your learning experiences. There may be a small amount of preparatory work before each session.
In addition, you are invited to complete a personal development profile (of 1,500 words). Participants who complete the assignment and attend a minimum of 10 sessions will receive a Certificate of Achievement. Others will gain an Attendance Certificate.
How much does the course cost?
Course fee: £250 (with the option to pay in three instalments)
Cancellation policy: If a confirmed place is cancelled by the student up to 14 days prior to the start of the course a refund of the full amount (minus deposit of £25) will be made. After 14 days prior to the start of the course the full fee remains payable. If the course is cancelled by Network at any point, all fees will be refunded.
How do I apply?
You can either apply directly online, or alternatively you can download a booking form.
Forms will be available here during the spring term 2024.